Having a website is necessity for every business today. Your business website is the first and the best point of contact for your potential customers. However, you can’t be sure about the type of device used by customers to visit your business website. If your website is built on standard resolution of 1024×768, it will look perfect on most of the modern laptops and desktops. But, have you ever imagined how it will appear on a smart phone? The rigid layout of your website will force your mobile visitors to use pinch and zoom feature which is so cumbersome and they will most likely leave your website to never come back again.
So, what’s the ideal solution? Is there any way to handle this situation? The answer is, “YES”. Solution of this problem lies in responsive web design. With responsive web design, you can have different layout and appearance for different devices. It will provide customized browsing experience to website visitors.
Responsive web design is the future of web design as it offers advantages to people at both ends; website owners and end users.
Advantages for responsive website design to website owners are as follows:
- One website for every device
- No additional development cost
- Reduced time of development (as one website serves the purpose)
- Enhanced customer loyalty
- Maximum returns of SEO (as all links, images, text, and other resources are same)
Advantages for responsive website design for visitors are as follows:
- Customized browsing experience
- No need for pinch and zoom
- No need to scroll through the pages
- Custom contents/adverts based on their location
How To Adopt Responsive Web Design?
There are a few key elements of responsive web design that modern web designers need to adopt for designing responsive websites. They are:
- Fluid Layout – It uses a flexible grid ensuring that website can scale itself to full width according to the browser.
- Flexible Images – Based in the fluid mechanism or controlled through overflow mechanism
- Media Queries – Optimizing the design for different viewing context and spot fixing of bugs at different resolution ranges.
Today, almost all the popular CMSs like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal etc are supporting responsive web design. One can easily find responsive web templates for these content management platforms. However, the best bet is to go for a custom made responsive web design template.
If you want your business to flourish and reap increased sales and revenues, you will have to deliver the best browsing experience to your website visitors. It is impossible without adopting responsive website design practices. In coming years, more and more users will start using mobile and other portable devices to access the internet and sticking to age old adaptive web design will harm your business. Contact the best web design companies to design a responsive business website for you and feel the magical difference.